BSc (Hons). PhD. BCBA-D
I am a professional Behaviour Analyst with Doctoral level certification from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. I have substantial experience in providing Applied Behaviour Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support services and have been practicing as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst across the UK since 2002.
I specialise in working with children and young people who have developmental disorders affecting their language, communication, cognition and behaviour.
At REACH ABA I offer a wide range of ABA Consultancy services, including:
- Designing and directing Early Intensive Behavioural Intervention programmes for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Functional assessment and comprehensive Positive Behaviour Support planning
- Mainstream or Special Needs educational support
- Training for parents and staff in home, educational and social care settings
- Supervision of candidates working towards BCaBA or BCBA Certification with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- Supervision of BCaBA Certificants.
Although now an independent practitioner, I developed my professional practice in ABA Consultancy alongside an academic career in directing university accredited postgraduate training programmes in Applied Behaviour Analysis and Positive Behaviour Support for people working in services for individuals with intellectual disabilities and behaviour that challenges.
I also have a number of published research papers on developing effective teaching strategies for language and alternative and augmentative communication for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Through this combination of academic, teaching and practice backgrounds I deliver ABA services to the highest standards of rigour in their technical application and with reference to the extensive research evidence for their effectiveness.
I am committed to delivering all services offered through REACH ABA within a Positive Behaviour Support framework, promoting contextual good fit between individual intervention plans and their supporting environments and facilitating continuous personal growth and development for the people I support.